Friday, April 13, 2007

Jill McGown RIP

It's not been a good week. Sadly the Jill McGown newsletter reports the following:
Sadly, after a long period of illness which she handled with unfailing good humour and fortitude, Jill died on Friday April 6.

We are in discussion with Una Adams, Jill’s sister, regarding the future of the site, and over the next few weeks we hope to let you know where we are going with this. In the meantime no doubt your thoughts will be with Jill’s family at this sad time.
Jill McGown was the author of the Lloyd and Hill police procedural series set around a fictionalised Corby. There was a one-off tv show starring Life on Mars' Philip Glenister as Lloyd a few years ago on ITV.

There's lots of information about her books and settings on her website, hopefully this will be maintained for a while.

UPDATE: Read Julia Buckley's tribute to Jill McGown.

2 comments:

sally906 said...

Oh no - I am shocked - I am such a huge fan of her work.

I hadn't read this anywhere else - the sad thing is the newsletter is sitting in my in-box and I was saving it to read later.

Thank you for breaking the news in a dignified way.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

I've only read her first two books which I thought were delightful and wished I'd read them earlier.

Crime fiction has lost a couple of great writers recently.