Sunday, April 22, 2007

New Reviews & Updates

Latest Reviews:

This week, Terry Halligan runs out of superlatives for Simon Beckett's The Chemistry of Death. Geoff Jones enjoys Gagged and Bound by Natasha Cooper with just a couple of caveats. My eyes struggled a little with the size of the font but I did enjoy Mark Lalbeharry's The Simian Curve and Maxine Clarke was very impressed with The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney.

Other Updates:

The Authors (now 555 sites) page has been updated.

The New Releases pages have been updated.

In Books there are now bibliographies for 1081 authors - I've added bibliographies for the following: Tapani Bagge, Martin Baker, Jimmy Boyle, Heimo Lampi, Andrei Rubanov, Mauri Sariola, Gerald Seymour, Vladimir Sorokin and Michael White and updated the bibliographies for: Ken Bruen, Clare Curzon, Kjell Eriksson, Gillian Galbraith, Jason Goodwin, Michael Gregorio, Nigel McCrery, Phil Rickman, Stella Rimington, Catherine Shaw and Felicity Young.

and finally
, a reminder of the current competitions and the fact that they are open world-wide:

Win one of three copies of 'Strangers' by Carla Banks

Win one of five copies of 'Relentless' by Simon Kernick

Win a copy of 'Go to Helena Handbasket' by Donna Moore

Win one of three copies of 'What Was Lost' by Catherine O'Flynn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Impressive list of biographies, Karen. I liked your review of The Simian Curve, yet another one I will have to add to my reading list. And it was interesting to read Terry's of The Chemistry of Death. I read this book a few months ago and I did enjoy it very much, but I think even so I'd give it one or maybe half a star fewer than Terry, as I thought it had some weak elements. But, on the whole, I agree, a very impressive debut.

Anne Brooke said...

I'm loving "The Tenderness of Wolves" myself at the moment - it's a gripping read!

A
xxx