Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Queen Vargas and Adamsberg the First

Fiona Walker alerted me yesterday to the fact that amazon.co.uk are listing a new offering from Fred Vargas for February 2009 - The Chalk Circle Man.

The lovely publicists at Harvill have advised me that this is in fact the first in the Adamsberg series (and I believe first published in French in 1996 as L'Homme aux Cercles Bleus).

Currently translated in the Adamsberg series are nos 2,3, 5 and 6:

Seeking Whom He May Devour (2004) #2
Have Mercy on Us All (2003) #3
Wash This Blood Clean From My Hand (2007) #5
This Night's Foul Work (2008) #6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. I buy Vargas from Amazon.UK so I don't have to wait for its publication here in the U.S. Postage can be more than the price of the book, but delayed gratification is really annoying.

By the way, The Three Evangelists is available here.