Thursday, June 12, 2008

Another Crime Writing Festival this year

Mike Stotter from Shots has given the heads up for a new festival at Reading later this year. The Reading Festival of Crime Writing will take place between 12 and 14 September. There's an amazing list of authors lined up (so far):

Mark Billingham
John Connor
Ruth Downie
R. J. Ellory
Frances Fyfield
Meg Gardiner
Robert Goddard
Alex Gray
Sophie Hannah
John Harvey
David Hewson
Graham Hurley
Michael Jecks
Simon Kernick
Patrick Lennon
Peter Lovesey
Val McDermid
John Macken
Stuart Pawson
Malcolm Rose
Cath Staincliffe
Aline Templeton
Laura Wilson
Lee Weeks

The programme will be available from July and you can get on their mailing list via the official website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip, Karen! Now, shall we do the hat-trick I wonder?

Lauren said...

For once I'm down south on those dates, but already booked! Grrr.

Luckily, there's a really good crime component to the Edinburgh book festival this year. (Including a couple of favourites, even.) So I'll be able to get my fix on my own doorstep for once!

Ali Karim said...

I wonder if they plan a crime fiction quiz?

Ali