Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Top Ten for 2007

I'll be publishing the Euro Crime reviewers' top 5 European reads of 2007, as soon as I've put the page together. In the meantime, here are my top ten reads from last year which happen to be all European. I do read mostly European books so I suppose it makes sense!
Rounding the Mark - Andrea Camilleri
The Scent of the Night - Andrea Camilleri
The Serbian Dane - Leif Davidsen
The Princess of Burundi - Kjell Eriksson
Calling Out for You! - Karin Fossum
The Chinaman - Friedrich Glauser
The Exception - Christian Jungersen
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson (published 2008)
The Devil's Star - Jo Nesbo
The Redbreast - Jo Nesbo
(The links are to my personal reviews, though the other titles have been reviewed on Euro Crime. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo review will be up next weekend.)

4 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Good list,Karen. On the basis of your reviews, I can add Jungersen, Glauser and Davidsen to my wish list! (I've already read the others on your list and agree with your judgement that they are all excellent.)

Kathy D. said...

I am head over heels in love with the writings of Fred Vargas, the French archaelogist. However, in 2007, I read 3 of her Inspector Adamsberg (those at the New York Public Library) and The Three Evangelists which I had to purchase
and I am not sure what was published last year. What do you think?

Kathy D. said...

I am in love with Fred Vargas's writings. However, I don't know what was published in 2007 as I read 3 of her Inspector Adamsberg books (those I could find in English at the New York Library) and The Three Evangelists which I purchased, in 2007. What do you think?

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Wash this Blood.. was the 2007 book which I read (early) in Dec 2006 and it didn't quite make my favourite reads of 2006. The Three Evangelists is my favourite! This Night's Foul Work is out in February.

Fred Vargas bibliography on Euro Crime.