Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Couple of Historical Crime Series

One of the perks of working in a public library is seeing new books and being reminded of older books. I won a proof of The Sixth Wife by Suzannah Dunn a couple of years ago. I planned to read it and was looking forward to it, however the months went by and it didn't get read. Then just recently my memory was jogged by a borrower returning the audio book version of it. I immediately checked it out and spent last week listening to it. It's not a crime novel but rather is about Katherine Parr and her best friend Catherine, Duchess of Suffolk and Thomas Seymour.

I'm now re-inspired to try the series written by Karen Harper which features a young Princess Elizabeth/Elizabeth I. I bought the first one in the series The Poyson Garden in 2000. (It's no reflection on the quality of a book if it's languished in my four digit tbr for a few years...)
There are currently nine books in this series.



A historical crime series I have read and enjoyed is the charming Beau Brummell series by Rosemary Stevens which also stars a delightful (and clever) Siamese cat. Unfortunately there are only four in this series despite it garnering many awards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Four-digit TBR. That's impressive. I should just stop moaning!