Sunday, June 29, 2008

New Reviews: Campbell, Ellory, Eriksson, Fossum, Liang and Morley

Every week six new reviews are added to the website. I've set up a poll to get a bit of feed-back to see if that's too few, too many or about right. Please spare a few seconds to vote and/or leave a comment. Thank you :-).

And here are this week's new reviews and details of the current competitions:

Latest Reviews:

This week we're visiting all over the globe: Scotland, America, Sweden, Norway, China and Italy.

Pat Austin reviews the début novel from Karen Campbell, The Twilight Time, set in Glasgow and concludes that despite its problems, she'd probably read another;

Kerrie Smith is very impressed with Richard & Judy selection: R J Ellory's A Quiet Belief in Angels - another Brit setting his books in America;

I was very disappointed in Kjell Eriksson's The Cruel Stars of the Night which spends a lot of time away from the detectives

A second review of Broken by Karin Fossum comes courtesy of Maxine Clarke who writes that "BROKEN is a wonderful, haunting book, full of powerful, overwhelming emotions";

Sunnie Gill pops over to China to look at how the past has impacted on present-day China in Diane Wei Liang's Paper Butterfly;

and Geoff Jones reviews Spider by Michael Morley which is set in both Italy and New York and is the first in the Jack King ex-FBI Profiler series.


Current Competitions:

Win a copy of Death on a Branch Line by Andrew Martin*


* no restrictions on entrants (ends 30 June)



Win a copy of Blood Lines by Grace Monroe**


** UK/Europe only (ends 5 July)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried doing the poll but got a broken link.....
You might want to exclude me as I am one of your reviewers, but I find the number just right. I visit every Sunday and read through the reviews, and look forward to it -- there is always an interesting (to me) bunch of books and I enjoy reading all the other reviewers' takes.
I suppose I could manage to read a couple more a week if you could cope with all the extra work of publishing them!