Monday, February 22, 2010

Publishing Deal - Patrick Easter

It seems a while since I've had any publishing deals to post. Here's one for Patrick Easter who is to be published by Quercus:

Quercus has acquired the first two books in a historical series by debut author Patrick Easter.

The first in the series, The Watermen, is set around the docklands of London in the late 18th century and introduces the character of Tom Pascoe – a patrolman with the Marine Police, Britain’s first organised Police Force. Quercus will publish in spring 2011.

Read the whole article at The Bookseller.

3 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Hmm, a sort of ancestor to Jimmy McNulty, then! I quite like "water police" mysteries so I may well check this out - if you post a reminder near the actual pub date! (Otherwise, no way will I remember for a whole year.) Spring is quite a good time to publish, though, if your name is Easter.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really interesting, historical book - look forward to reading this when it comes out - DS!

Easter Knitting said...

That looks like an interesting book, I am always on the lookout for a new good read and I love books set in Londons nitty gritty.