Sunday, February 14, 2010

New Reviews: Eriksson, Griffiths, Napier

I apologise for the fact that for the second week running there's a reduced number of reviews. Unfortunately my back has seized up, for no reason I can remember, and I keep having to lie on the floor. (This does mean I've caught up with CSI: Vegas). Sitting, standing and walking are rather uncomfortable...

Back permitting, there should be a new competition available soon.

Anyway, here are this week's new reviews:
Maxine Clarke reviews The Cruel Stars of the Night by Kjell Eriksson, tr. Ebba Segerberg, the second Ann Lindell book to be translated but not yet published in the UK;

Pat Austin reviews The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths calling it "a real tour-de-force"

and Amanda Gillies reviews Will Napier's Without Warning, set in the US.
Previous reviews can be found in the review archive and forthcoming titles can be found here.

6 comments:

Uriah Robinson said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Karen. Best wishes from Norm.

Maxine Clarke said...

Me too, Karen, so sorry to read this. How noble of you to get some reviews up even though you were suffering. Thank you. I really hope you are feeling better now.

Pat said...

Poor you, hope it gets better soon.

kathy d. said...

Too bad. I sympathize. I once spent three days in bed after I bent over to pull carrots out of the vegetable bin in the refrigerator.

Years later again from pulling out a bottom drawer in a file cabinet.

Take care, rest.

Thanks so much for the blog and posting reviews.

I just read Elly Griffiths first book with Ruth Galloway and am about to fly to Europe to get The Janus Stone. Yes, I liked it--her character--that much...

Dorte H said...

Get well soon!

Paul Blackburn said...

Sorry to hear about your back - I hope you feel better soon.

Take care
Paul