Friday, February 26, 2010

ExCitations

I am always really pleased when eurocrime reviews get quoted in books and here's some I've spotted in the last few days:

Inside the rejacketed paperback of Ann Cleeves's Raven Black there is a quote from Maxine's review of White Nights

















Open up the cover of the forthcoming paperback of The End of the World in Breslau by Marek Krajewski, tr. Danusia Stok and you'll see a quote from Fiona's review:














and finally, turn to the back cover of the new paperback edition of Karin Alvtegen's Shadow, tr. McKinley Burnett, where there's is a quote from Maxine's review:





[Click on the images to get a closer look.]

7 comments:

Uriah Robinson said...

Well done Euro Crime and Maxine and Fiona.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Karen! Well done to you and Euro Crime and Maxine!

Maxine Clarke said...

Wow, how exciting, Karen! Thanks for sharing this info. Pity they got the Eurocrime URL wrong in the Ann Cleeves novel. I've seen Norman's name crop up in review quotes at Bitter Lemon, also.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

And Geoff's was in the latest Peter Conway but I don't have that to hand :).

The Shadow quote is very exciting though - back cover no less!

Kiwicraig said...

Fantastic stuff. Well done guys. I recently had a similar experience, when I saw the advance review copy of NEVER LOOK AWAY, the latest from Linwood Barclay. Under the critics comments for FEAR THE WORST (his book that came out laster year) in the front part of the book, was one that looked vaguely familiar. Sure enough, oneof the critics quotes was from me - from my review for the Nelson Mail newspaper. I must say I was a little chuffed.

Imagine my surprise when I skimmed the other quotes taken from NZ and Aust publications, and I then realised that a second was also from me - they'd cherrypicked a comment about his writing that I'd made in an interview feature about him for the Weekend Herald as well!

Barbara said...

Hurrah! Excellence in reviewing recognized. That rocks!

kimbofo said...

Wow! That's fab. And very exciting for all involved. Congrats. I'd probably die or fall off my chair if I saw one of my reviews quoted on a blurb!