Monday, May 04, 2009

The new Inspector George Gently episodes

The first of four new Inspector George Gently episodes, starring Martin Shaw as GG, was shown last night on BBC One. The four episodes are:
Gently with the Innocents

Gently in the Night

Gently in the Blood

Gently Through the Mill
Clicking on the above episode titles will take you to the BBC press release for that episode which contains a detailed plot outline plus some backstage trivia and/or filming locations in Ireland.

A full list of the Gently novels by Alan Hunter, can be found here.

3 comments:

jau said...

AWESOME!! I can't wait to either get them on Netflix or DVD or have them shown here in the US. I adore Martin Shaw.

Are the books good??

Bernadette said...

I'll be looking for this here in Aus because I too adore Martin Shaw. Saw him play Elvis in a play once - one of the best live performances I've ever seen (and I can't stand Elvis).

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

I haven't read any of the books yet - though I'd enjoy the East Anglia setting. I wonder if they've been reprinted with M Shaw on the cover :).