Thursday, December 04, 2008

More Spooks

Good news for Spooks fans. An eighth series has been ordered. From Digital Spy:
Spy drama Spooks will return for an eighth series, the BBC has today confirmed.

The show, which will wrap up its current run next Monday, has regularly secured ratings of over 5.7 million for the broadcaster.

Executive producer Simon Crawford Collins said: "Spooks is currently enjoying an exceptional run on BBC One and BBC Three and viewers will be shocked when this series ends with a sting in its tale.

"As for next year... we're currently working with our fantastic team of writers to predict the big stories for 2009 to keep Spooks' prescience in these dramatically changing times."

Richard Armitage, who stars as Lucas North in the espionage show, added: "I'm thrilled with the response we've had to this series and I can't wait to find out what the next series has in store.

"If the climatic episodes at the end of series seven are anything to go by, I think series eight will be spectacular. I am excited about taking Lucas into deeper and more dangerous territory, and seeing if he can survive!"

Series eight of Spooks will begin production next March and debut on BBC One later in 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent news. I think we're a couple of seasons behind here in Australia but at least I know we'll be getting content for a while to come.

Anonymous said...

I bought the first few series for Cathy on DVD on recommendations from my Dad and others. She enjoyed the first few (Matthew McFadyn aka Mr Darcy aka Mr Keely Hawes, I believe they met on set). But she's got a bit behind now, and we stopped buying them at about series 4. Now that Guy of Gisborne is in it, maybe I should start at the beginning....one of these days!