Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Remember Orion's 'New Blood' Campaign?

So last night I was travelling home on the train, full of pizza and pudding, musing about topics for this blog and one thing and another. Suddenly a thought popped into my head. Whatever happened to the Orion 'New Blood' authors launched in a fanfare in January 2004? But first off though...who were the authors? I racked my brain and managed seven author names plus the setting of the book by another author. His identity came to me this morning. So that made eight. Hmm, I though that's not very good marks out of ten but there were in fact nine authors so I was only missing one. So here's a small challenge. Without using the internet or looking at your book collection, how many can you name?

Answers and an update on the authors, to follow....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without looking I could only come up with three names! All of whom, I'm pleased to see have gone to publish further novels.

Maxine Clarke said...

Without looking again, I read the first six of these. I did not read the last three. The one that sticks in my mind is Denise Hamilton. I've read everything she's written since. I did not enjoy many of the rest. (I bought the first three, then the second three, and on a personal hit rate of one in six, took a pass on the last three.)

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

At the time, I bought two and read one of them which was ok but not really my kind of book. I've subsequently read/listened to two more, courtesy of the library, which I enjoyed a lot. I did like the nifty paperback size they later came out in (and the price!).