Sunday, June 22, 2008

Shortlist for Theakstons Crime Novel of the Year

The shortlist for this year's Theakstons Crime Novel of the Year award comprises 12 out of the 20 titles originally longlisted. The public have voted and the remaining titles are:
Simon Beckett, The Chemistry of Death
Mark Billingham, Buried
Christopher Brookmyre, A Tale Etched in Blood and Hard Black Pencil
Reginald Hill, The Death of Dalziel
Graham Hurley, One Under
Peter James, Not Dead Enough
Simon Kernick, Relentless
Stuart MacBride, Dying Light
Stef Penney, The Tenderness of Wolves
Peter Robinson, Piece of my Heart
C.J. Sansom, Sovereign
Alexander McCall Smith, Blue Shoes and Happiness
Links are to the Euro Crime reviews

The winner will be announced on 17th July at the Harrogate Crime Writing Festival.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The one I voted for didn't make it to the shortlist.

I haven't read many of these, but I think for me, of this list, I'd go for Tenderness of Wolves (Stef Penney) or The Chemistry of Death (Simon Beckett). Probably that is the kiss of death for both books, on my track record!