Friday, June 15, 2007

Richard and Judy Summer Reading List

According to Publisher's Lunch, Richard and Judy's 2007 Summer Reading List is:

The Memory Keeper's Daughter, by Kim Edwards
Getting Rid of Matthew, by Jane Fallon
Relentless, by Simon Kernick
The Other Side of the Bridge, by Mary Lawson
The Savage Garden, by Mark Mills
The House at Riverton, by Kate Morton
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, by Paul Torday
How to Talk to a Widower, by Jonathan Tropper


Congrats to Simon Kernick and Mark Mills as they watch their sales sky-rocket.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed they chose Relentless, compared with some of the other crime fiction I've read recently.

Anonymous said...

why is that? (I read his first, the business of dying, and was impressed enough, but not to the extent that I've ever been compelled to read any of his others... i always wondered whether i should have changed that or not)

Kevin Wignall said...

Maxine, I haven't read "Relentless" so I don't know how it compares to Simon's other books, but I think it's great that he's getting the R&J treatment.

I also know that Amanda Ross is a completely straight player - the books that get in are the books that struck a nerve. So even if "Relentless" isn't the best thriller of the summer or even Simon's best book (like I said, I haven't read it), she'll be thinking it fills a gap for the list.

Haven't read the Mills either but have heard good things about it.

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised they chose Relentless, I have to admit I've not read any of his, but feel it's rather on the hard-boiled side compared to their usual picks. The Mark Mills book and the Paul Torday book are excellent, good choices