Sunday, March 10, 2013

New Reviews: Aykol, Johnstone, King, McKinty, Nickson, Shepherd, Vargas


Win Where the Devil Can't Go by Anya Lipska (UK only)





Seven new reviews have been added to Euro Crime today:


I review Esmahan Aykol's second Kati Hirschel investigation Baksheesh tr. Ruth Whitehouse, set in Istanbul;


Amanda Gillies reviews Doug Johnstone's latest Gone Again which she found even better than Hit & Run;



Lynn Harvey reviews the most recent in the Mary Russell-Sherlock Holmes series by Laurie R King, Garment of Shadows, set in Morocco;




Mark Bailey reviews Adrian McKinty's, I Hear the Sirens in the Street, the second in the 1980s-Northern Ireland Sean Duffy trilogy;


Geoff Jones reviews the fifth in the historical Richard Nottingham series by Chris Nickson: At the Dying of the Year;




Terry Halligan reviews Lloyd Shepherd's sequel to The English Monster, The Poisoned Island


and Sarah Hilary reviews Fred Vargas's The Ghost Riders of Ordebec tr. Sian Reynolds.




Previous reviews can be found in the review archive.

Forthcoming titles can be found by author or date or by category, here along with releases by year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Fred Vargas' writing, her brilliance, her creativity. Anarchy is a good word for it.

However, I just think of her intelligence, her challenges to the readers, her quirkiness.

If I wanted to read formulaic plots, I'd go to the supermarket, drugstore or airport book shelves or (alas) to the library's best-seller section.

When I get The Ghost Riders of Ordebec, I will curl up with tea, snacks and put out my "Do not disturb. I'm reading" sign and turn off my phone.

I can't wait for the delightful experience.