Friday, January 20, 2012

Update on The International Dagger Eligibles

I have been keeping the master list of 2012 International Dagger Eligibles list up to date, adding in new titles and linking in the reviews from the Euro Crime website. There have been one or two changes from when I first posted it.

One of the most significant is the change in publication date for Disgrace, the sequel to Jussi-Adler Olsen's Mercy (voted Euro Crime Reviewers' Favourite Read of 2011) from March to June which puts it into next year's list.

The cover has a Sarah Lund vibe - or is it just me?

Other movers are: Petros Markaris's Basic Shareholder which will now be published in 2013 (month unknown at the moment) and the eagerly awaited Last Will by Liza Marklund, whose English translator Neil Smith has informed me that the US edition will be April but a slightly different edition for UK and Australia will come out in September.

Now eight months into the Dagger year, what are the likely contenders so far? Lots of good titles/authors still to come of course...

3 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

What a pity that these three eagerly awaited books are being delayed. The Markaris one is getting pretty old now as it was scheduled for pub at least a year ago I think?

Yes, the cover of Disgrace is compelling, and I agree there is a definite Sarah Lund vibe to it. You can't quite see if she is wearing a jumper, though.

Ann Summerville said...

I stopped by your blog today.
Ann

Bernadette said...

I've only read 9 of the eligible titles so far (and thrown a tenth at the wall) but my picks for the moment would be Johan Theorin's QUARRY or Asa Larsson's UNTIL THY WRATH BE PAST