Friday, December 28, 2007

Just a taster...

I'm not back yet in total but I have now finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo which is excellent as reported already by Ali. Here's the first paragraph from the prologue:
It happened every year, was almost a ritual. And this was his eighty-second birthday. When, as usual, the flower was delivered, he took off the wrapping paper and then picked up the telephone to call Detective Superintendent Morell who, when he retired, had moved to Lake Siljan in Dalarna. They were not only the same age, they had been born on the same day - which was something of an irony given the circumstances. The old policeman was sitting with his coffee, waiting, expecting the call.
It's out on the 10th January and amazon have it at half price. It would still be excellent value at full price. I suppose (sniffle) it's now a year's wait until #2...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With all the rave reviews I included it in my order to amazon.uk along with a couple histmysts. I look forward to reading it.

Happy New Year!

PK the Bookeemonster

Ali Karim said...

Hi Karen -

HAPPY NEW YEAR / BTW I had to re-ead the book as I couldn't get it out of my mind, and did you notice a minor character [around page 475] called KARIM? I have supplied photos and peices via Shots and CWA to various Scandanavian crime ficton magazines, and I wonder if Larsson [a big crime reader]...........

hmmmmmm - wonderful book

Ali

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO is my favourite book of 2008 [so far]