Friday, January 11, 2013

My Favourite Reads of 2012

I continue to read mostly international crime fiction, so again most of my favourite reads of 2012 are in translation. The standout book for me was the CWA International Dagger Award-winning The Potter's Field by Andrea Camilleri tr. Stephen Sartarelli.


My favourite reads of 2012

Andrea Camilleri - The Potter's Field  tr. Stephen Sartarelli
K O Dahl - Lethal Investments tr. Don Bartlett
Andrea Gillies - The White Lie
Antonio Hill - The Summer of Dead Toys tr. Laura McGoughlin
Mons Kallentoft - Midwinter Sacrifice tr. Neil Smith
Deon Meyer - 7 Days tr K L Seegers
Jo Nesbo - Phantom tr. Don Bartlett
Johan Theorin - The Quarry tr.  Marlaine Delargy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen - You've chosen some excellent reads! I'm not surprised you chose the Camilleri, the Hill and the Theorin. And I've been wanting to read the Gillies, so thanks for the reminder of that one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Karen. Still some on your list that I need to read. I'm particularly keen to get my hands on Antonio Hill's book - heard lots of good things about this one.

Bernadette said...

Nice list...though I wasn't as enamoured of Mons Kallentoft. However I must have missed your thoughts on The White Lie which I see now is something I really should look out for

Anonymous said...

I love Camilleri's book, too, and was enthralled by The Potter's Field.

Will put double asterisks next to the Hill book on my TBR list.