Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Devil's Disciple

I've just stumbled across this title, published this month by Hesperus Press. I've added it to the lengthening list of International Dagger Candidates!

'Prosecutor Tsuchida, I am being held here as a murderer. But the truth is that I am probably not that murderer. That's right. Probably.' While Shimaura Eizo sits in jail awaiting trial for the murder of a beautiful young woman, his erstwhile lover and initiator into a sinister, restless existence has risen in the ranks of the legal profession and is now the prosecutor on the case. Spinning a complex web of events and influences in this chilling murder mystery, Hamao probes the notion of guilt - both psychological and legal. The Devil's Disciple is here published alongside 'Did He Kill Them?', a haunting tale of a love affair turned sour.

The Devil's Disciple by Shiro Hamao (only 112 pages long)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am intrigued - I thought it wasn't being published until July this year?

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Looks like it's been moved from November. Many thanks for the tip-off. I'll be including it in next year's International Dagger speculation list!

Anonymous said...

I only saw that on the Amazon website - no insider knowledge, I'm afraid!!