Monday, September 21, 2009

The Gigolo Murder - sneak peek

I've finished this enjoyable tale at the weekend and I'll be reviewing it for the website very soon. The Gigolo Murder is the third in the Hop-Ciki Yaya series after The Prophet Murders and The Kiss Murder. The author, Mehmet Murat Somer, was kind enough to answer a few questions last year on the blog.

Chapter 1

Superhandsome Haluk was pale when he returned. Even in the dimly lit room, it was clear the color had drained from his face.

"That was Faruk on the phone. He's been arrested for murder."

We both looked at him in astonishment.

"I don't understand," gasped his wife, Canan, who was dressed as a stylish Nisantasi girl.

"On suspicion of killing a minibus driver."

He looked at me apologetically as he spoke, sorry for having ruined what had promised to be a pleasant evening with this news.

That's how it all started. While my dear friend Ponpon was on-stage, putting on a sensational show at one of the trendiest, hippest, and priciest nightclubs in Istanbul, yet another murder fell right into my lap. My passion for amateur sleuthing was suddenly inflamed, my stomach full of butterflies.

(translated by Kenneth Dakan)

1 comment:

pune gigolo said...

nice post ... thanks for sharing..