Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Laura Wilson - Publishing Deal

Laura Wilson's successful DI Stratton series is now to be published by Quercus:
Quercus is pleased to announce that crime writer Laura Wilson, winner of the 2008 Ellis Peters Award for her novel Stratton’s War, has moved to them from Orion for her next two books in the D.I. Stratton series. The books feature a London detective working in the West End during the 40s and 50s. Quercus will publish Austerity, a novel exploring the notorious Christie case, in 2010. The agent is Jane Gregory.

Laura Wilson said: I had a very happy ten years being published by Orion, who were incredibly supportive. I’m sad to be leaving, but I’m absolutely delighted to be reunited with my original editor, the incomparable Jane Wood, at Quercus.

Jane Wood said: I’ve published Laura since her first novel, A Little Death, appeared in 1999 and I’m thrilled to be working with her again The Stratton books are more than great crime novels; they chart the dramatic changes in people’s lives during and after the Second World War. We’re delighted to welcome Laura to the Quercus list.

No comments: