Friday, April 16, 2010

Euro Crime quoted on Close-Up

One of Maxine at Petrona's recent posts alerted me to the fact that her review is quoted on the first page of the paperback edition of Esther Verhoef's Close-Up. I popped into the library on the way back from collecting my new glasses this morning and there it was on the quick pick stand:



Interestingly, the library has classed it as "adventure" rather than thriller or crime and Waterstone's shelves it in the fiction not crime section.

Read all of Maxine's review here.

5 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Isn't that great!? You must be dead chuffed. The Waterstone's where I live had the book on the crime shelves but they might also have it in the general fiction, did not check. I'll look next time I am in. Like the photos!

Maxine Clarke said...

PS I particularly like the way that Euro Crime is right next to the Literary Review ;-)

Fiona said...

I'm not 100% sure at first glance but I think this might be one for the copycat covers strand... Stuart Macbride has a cover very similar to this I believe.

Fiona said...

Oh. Not as similar as I thought. But it still has a bath.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flesh-House-Stuart-MacBride/dp/000724455X/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271446345&sr=1-6

Bernadette said...

Congratulations to you both. Very cool.