Wednesday, April 10, 2013

TV News: Death in Paradise Cast Change

I've been a huge fan of BBC1's Death in Paradise which will be back for a third series in 2014. A significant change to the cast will occur part way through. From the BBC's Press Office:
It has been announced that Kris Marshall (Lightfields, My Family) is to join the cast of BBC One's hit crime drama Death In Paradise as the latest lead detective, in the new series.

Series three will also see the departure of DI Richard Poole, played by Ben Miller. However, details of how and when Miller will depart remain tightly under wraps.

Joining series regulars Sara Martins, Danny John-Jules, Gary Carr and Don Warrington when filming starts on the Caribbean island of Guadeloupe from next month, Marshall will play a bright, but rather disorganised and gawky DI, Humphrey Goodman, who is stuck in a mid-life rut and is looking to find a new life and fresh start.

Kris Marshall said: "I am thrilled to be joining Death In Paradise and finding out a bit more about what makes Humphrey tick. Six months filming on a tropical island with an amazing cast and glorious sunshine? What isn't there to love! I might even get myself a parrot!"

Following two hugely successful series, Miller leaves the show on a high, with an average of almost eight million viewers tuning in to each episode of the second series.

Ben Miller said: "I have absolutely loved my time on Death In Paradise and am sad to be leaving such a successful show, however DI Poole has made no secret of his struggle with the Caribbean heat, so I felt now was a good time to put him out of his misery! I know Kris will do a superb job and I'm delighted to be handing over the detective baton to him."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen - This is a series I've been hoping will come to where I live at some point...

Unknown said...

Join Netflix and start at the beginning. I love the show and alternate between Death In Paradise and Midsummer Murders. We don't have cable so I watch a lot on my laptop in the kitchen. Ripper Street was a great series also.