Thursday, December 31, 2009

James Patterson & Liza Marklund in 2010

Details of the result of the collaboration between James Patterson and Swedish author Liza Marklund are now on amazon.

The book is called The Postcard Killers, and is published in August in the US and September in the UK.

Synopsis from amazon:

NYPD detective Jack Kanon is on a tour of Europe's most gorgeous cities. But the sights aren't what draw him--he sees each museum, each cathedral, and each restaurant through a killer's eyes.

Kanon's daughter, Kimmy, and her boyfriend were murdered while on vacation in Rome. Since then, young couples in Paris, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm have become victims of the same sadistic killers. Now Kanon teams up with the Swedish reporter, Dessie Larsson. Every killing is preceded by a postcard to the local newspaper--and Kanon and Larsson think they know where the next victims will be. With relentless logic and unstoppable action, THE POSTCARD KILLERS may be James Patterson's most vivid and compelling thriller yet.


Will you be reading this book?

8 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Oh how annoying that we have to wait until September to read it! It is too long since we had a new book by Liza Marklund. Yes, I'll be reading this, on the assumption that James Patterson won't have had much to do with the actual writing. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this, Karen! I had to laugh out loud at Maxine's comment (with which, by the way, I sincerely agree!). I look forward to this book.

Uriah Robinson said...

Yes, I will read it as long as the photo on the cover is Liza Marklund and not James Patterson. ;o)

Becky LeJeune said...

I have to agree with everyone here. I've not read Liza Marklund, but I'm just not a fan of Patterson.

Bernadette said...

I think I'll be waiting to hear what others have to say about the finished product. I hate the thought of encouraging JP and his publishers in his branded and franchised approach to story-telling even if his co-author on this occasion is decent.

Barbara said...

"James Patterson's most ..."??? Oh well. I don't begrudge her the increase in the bank account and I hope it may boost her career, but the story sounds awful. So no, I won't.

Anonymous said...

This book got absolutely awful reviews in every single Swedish paper. I wouldn't recommend reading it.

Jörel said...

I normally like Liza Marklund, but this book is completely lousy - a thriller where the most intriging mystery is why on earth it was published....