Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A new Dutch author for the database

Simone van der Vlugt's The Reunion is to be published in English for the first time next month by Text Publishing in Australia.

Synopsis:
When I read back through my diaries or listen to Robin's stories, I come across completely unknown events, as if another person lived that time in my place. And still, a recollection can suddenly knife its way through my mind, a spark that lights up the grey matter of my memory.

If you could go back, what would you say to your younger self? Would you reach out and hug her?

Sabine was fifteen when Isabel disappeared - isolated at school and tormented by her former friend. What if she'd seen something back then, nine years ago, the day of Isabel's disappearance? What if she'd blocked it out almost entirely? What if her memory was returning to her? And what if it was dangerous?

This riveting and disturbing psychological thriller will appeal to fans of Nicci French and Ruth Rendell. Simone van der Vlugt draws characters brilliantly, and builds tension with the touch of a master as the novel draws to its unexpected and terrifying conclusion.


The Reunion is the author's first adult novel having written several young adult books before. Part of her website is available in English. The Reunion is listed on the Australian bookshop, Abbeys but not yet on the Australian Online Bookshop (I've used the latter before to order Kerry Greenwood books.)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I wonder if the Book Depository will carry this book? It sounds good--especially if it's anything like Ruth Rendell. I've also ordered Kerry Greenwood books from the same online bookstore.

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

I'm hoping that Bitter Lemon will publish it as they and Text seem to publish the same books.