Monday, June 06, 2022

Update Weeks 22/23

Since I last wrote, I finished Death of a Green-Eyed Monster, it's a very quick read once you pick it up. I did like it in the end and I will try the next one which presumably is a solo effort by R W Green - Death of a Traitor - out next February and I suspect will see the return of a character introduced in Green-Eyed Monster... 

I've also read the YA novel, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz. It's a beautifully written coming of age story. Set in 1987, first published in 2012 in the US, it was released here in the UK last year. A great read at any time, but especially for Pride month. A sequel has recently been released - Aristotle and Dante Dive Into the Waters of the World - and it's now in my tbr. 

Sadly, we've finished The Nordic Murders and whilst we choose our next subtitled drama we've been catching up with Springwatch - lots of murder in that!

I've also listened to the six-part BBC radio podcast series Fake Psychic which is about Lamar Keene, and it's available here:

If you wanted to speak to the dead in 1960s America, there was one man who was ready to help. A showman with big ambitions. A man who before your very eyes could bring back the dead.

Vicky Baker investigates the story of Lamar Keene, a renowned psychic who confessed to being part of an underground network that he called the "psychic mafia". 

 From the team who brought you Fake Heiress, this is a story about the art of the con, belief, retribution, and possibly atonement.

June's updates are delayed but I hope to have something up soon.

No comments: