Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Update Week 24

After the wonderful Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz I found myself not sure what to read next. I didn't want to go straight into the second Aristotle and Dante book, so I turned to one of my comfort series. It used to be that I'd turn to M C Beaton's Agatha Raisin series but more recently it's been Emily Brightwell's Mrs Jeffries series. So I've just finished #12, Mrs Jeffries Reveals Her Art. This is currently a 40-book series so I've plenty to go at. They are very short.

I reviewed the first book in the series, The Inspector and Mrs Jeffries, back in 2014. Time flies!

Blurb from Goodreads:

 Meet the inspector and Mrs. Jeffries--in a delightful mystery series set in Victorian England--and featuring the most charming characters ever to crack a case.


An artist's model never shows up at Neville Grant's house, or so he claims. But when one of Mr. Grant's houseguests suddenly dies - the Inspector and Mrs. Jeffries have to work doubletime to find both the missing model and the killer!


TV-wise, it's been Springwatch for both of us and I've been 'checking' out the new Doctor (Who), Ncuti Gatwa, in Netflix's S*x Education. The actors in this are (necessarily?) a lot older than the Heartstopper actors though they are all supposed to be 16ish.

I also watched the Lucy Worsley Investigates: The Princes in the Tower, which you can watch on BBC iPlayer.

No comments: