Monday, February 28, 2022

Update Week 9

I'm writing this a little bit earlier this week so, I've almost finished several things but I have scheduled the March releases post (list version) for Tuesday -  which is taken from the Euro Crime website.

Reading-wise I'm just a handful of pages away from finishing The Darkness Knows by Arnaldur Indridason translated by Victoria Cribb. I like it a lot more than the Shadow-series but I've yet to warm to Konrad. I haven't chosen what to read next.

Petrona Award-wise, I've now received 24 entry forms out of a probable maximum of 31.

TV-wise, tantalisingly me and him indoors have watched 5 of the 6 episodes of BBC4's The Promise and it'll be a couple of days (grrh) before we can finish it off . In the main very good, just one bit where we were going - no, no, no, don't do it!


Grappling with the ghosts of the past. Twenty years after detective Pierre Castaing failed to find a missing girl, his daughter takes up the case. French noir from the creators of Spiral.






I'm also watching I, Sniper: the Washington Killers which is on Channel 4. I'm currently on the fifth episode. Despite the graphic and upsetting content I'm finding it compulsive viewing. I'd obviously heard about this terrible series of crimes but it happened at a time when I couldn't glue myself to the Guardian website all day, every day (like now), so I didn't really know much detail and the documentary makers have done an superb job pulling all the information, footage and interviews together. Anyone else seen it?

1 comment:

crimeworm.wordpress.com said...

I'm also glued to The Promise - although I'm only on episode three. It's the best French series I've seen since Spiral (which I absolutely adored!) We're also working our way through Inventing Anna on Netflix - Julia Garner from Ozarks is a revelation. She'll undoubtedly be a massive success. What a talent.