Monday, February 07, 2022

Update Week 6

I've received nearly half of the entry forms for this year's Petrona Award - 15/32. I will probably do a bit of chasing soon as I'm never sure if I've contacted the right person as the role of Awards co-ordinator seems to change frequently at publishers!

I'm trialing an expansion of the monthly lists. You will have seen one on Friday. I'm dividing the month into weeks and producing a list with the covers and blurbs included. So far the feedback has been very positive. I'll continue the monthly lists as well as I need something to work from.

I finished Fatal Isles by Maria Adolfsson translated by Agnes Broomé last week and gave it 5 stars on Good Reads. I rarely rank anything 5 stars so that's how much I enjoyed it. It's left me not sure what to read next. I've dabbled with a couple of books and am wondering whether to read a Nancy Drew book as this is another new project of mine - read or in some cases re-read the early (but revised) Nancy Drew books. Then I could go back to an adult crime book.

We finished watching the second Rebecka Martinsson series - blimey it's a bit grim. And for a change we watched an English language drama - The Long Call based on the book by Ann CleevesIs it just me but doesn't Ben Aldridge, who plays DI Matthew Venn, look and sound like Jeremy Northam (at a similar age)?














No comments: