Monday, February 21, 2022

Update Week 8

I'm currently at my mum's - not quite stranded by all the storms but hopeful I can have a safe journey back home tomorrow.

February's weekly lists seems to be popular - thanks so much for the emails and comments. The final books for February will be detailed in a post on Friday.

In my to do list are the releases for March (list version) and then subdivided into weeks with the blurbs etc. Also to do is the Petrona Eligibles post and chase up the outstanding Petrona entries - we have about half the books already and most publishers have responded to my initial email so it's looking good.

My current read is the Petrona 2022 Eligible, The Darkness Knows by Arnaldur Indridason translated by Victoria Cribb.

I really liked the Erlendur series but didn't get on so well with 'The Shadow' ones. This is the start of a new series featuring retired police detective Konrad (I assume this is the same Konrad who appears in The Shadow District?) and involves a cold case - cold in both senses - where a man who disappeared thirty years ago is discovered frozen in a glacier.


 

 

No comments: