Monday, January 24, 2022

Update Week 4

I'll be posting the list of Petrona Award 22 Eligibles soon. I think there'll be 30 or possibly 29 as one is a novella (and I don't know how long it is yet).

I finished my vegan sleuth book Bones to Pick by Linda Lovely, and I quite enjoyed it - enough to not regret having already bought the other two books in the series on kindle - I do this far too much. Buy a series before even trying it. I'll try and rustle up a short review.

I did get a bit more reading done last week as the whole road's internet got knocked out for a day when a contractor cut through a cable. So no Guardian browsing for me that day.


I've now started one of the Petrona 22 Eligibles, Fatal Isles by Maria Adolfsson translated by Agnes Broomé. 

It's the first book in the Inspector Karen Eiken Hornby series and is set on Doggerland. 

It's quite long so I'll probably still be reading it next Monday!

[Though not as long as the new book from Robert Galbraith which is listed as 944 pages on amazon.]




TV-wise, we watched the first episode(s) of the second series of the Rebecka Martinsson series which I recorded a while ago. We didn't watch the first series so the change of lead actor didn't phase us. Like some of the books by author Asa Larsson the episodes we saw contained some scenes of animal cruelty. I have read a couple of the books, my favourite being Until Thy Wrath Be Past, which I don't remember containing any animal cruelty.

No comments: