Thursday, January 07, 2016

Favourite Euro Crime Reads of 2015 - Amanda

Having revealed our favourite discoveries of 2015, here are the Euro Crime reviewers' favourite European/translated reads of 2015. I'll be posting individual lists to begin with, followed by the usual summary post.

Amanda Gillies's favourite reads of 2015

In numerical order:

1. The Fifth Gospel by Ian Caldwell
2. The Jump by Doug Johnstone
3. Beyond the Rage by Michael J Malone
4. The Paris Architect by Charles Belfoure
5. Blood Axe by Leigh Russell

2015 was another amazing year for books and reviewing. Thanks to Karen for having me along for another year – my ninth, I believe. As usual, this list was very difficult to compile but my Top Five are all outstanding books that I loved from start to finish. Some had me laughing, others sobbing, but they were all compelling reading and an utter joy to review. My Number One choice – The Fifth Gospel - is a beautiful story and if you haven’t read it yet then you must do so soon.

Best wishes
AMANDA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to see that my favourite author, Leigh Russell made the cut with Blood Axe. Congratulations to all who made the top 5, but I'm hoping to see one of Leigh's wonderful books in the #1 position for favourite reads in 2016.