Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A Sad Loss

I was very shocked and distressed to hear the news yesterday that the blogging community has lost established reviewer, Bernadette from Reactions to Reading who has died unexpectedly. Like many of the FriendFeed gang that we were members of we corresponded periodically and I loved reading her reviews - no flim flam with Bernadette, you knew her opinion of a book. She was a champion of women writers, Australian writers and especially Australian women crime writers, and bricks and mortar bookshops. She was a good friend of Maxine who we lost five years ago and I think they had a lot in common. Both loved trying out the newest technology and when FriendFeed closed, Bernadette helped set up the Facebook replacement group even though she loathed Facebook herself.

Margot Kinberg has written a lovely tribute to her friend which I hope you will read and do check out Reactions to Reading and perhaps discover some new to you authors to try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Karen. We will all miss Bernadette so very much... Thanks, too, for the kind link and mention.

ps I think of Maxine often.

bookwitch said...

I'm sorry to hear this. Bernadette's name is one I remember well.

Unknown said...

Oh no!!! This is awful news. I'm so sorry to hear this. It's hard to take in.