Friday, February 29, 2008

LA Times Mystery Award nominees

Sarah Weinman has drawn attention to the euro-centric nature of the nominees for the LA Times Book Prize (Mystery):
Benjamin Black - "Christine Falls"
Åke Edwardson - "Frozen Tracks"
Karin Fossum - "The Indian Bride" (UK: Calling Out for You)
Tana French - "In the Woods"
Jan Costin Wagner - "Ice Moon"
(links go to the Euro Crime reviews)
I wasn't a big fan of the Ake Edwardson book I've read so far (Never End) and I haven't read Black or French but I loved Calling Out For You/The Indian Bride and Ice Moon is striking. It's great to see these Scandinavian authors being recognised over in the US.

"The winners will be announced April 25 at UCLA's Royce Hall as part of the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books."

1 comment:

Kerrie said...

I liked the French novel, Karen. A bit of a slow read, but then everything seems to be extra long these days, but an interesting plot