Monday, March 07, 2022

Update Week 10

It's not been a very crime-y week. I've now received 17/31 Petrona Award titles and 24/31 entry forms. I've had communications from most publishers. This is why I set quite a long deadline for entries as publishers are so busy.

I'm also continuing with the expanded weekly lists of books released.

I've gone off-piste with my reading this week, as realising I've maxed my renewals, I thought I'd better read Alison Weir's In the Shadow of Queens - Tales from the Tudor Court which is a collection of a baker's dozen of short stories linked to the six wives of Henry VIII. These stories were previously only available as e-shorts plus there's a bonus one which featured in a US edition.

Most stories are around the 25 page mark so nice bed-time reading.



TV-wise, we finished off The Promise. I did enjoy it but I do have a couple of niggles with some of the events of the last episode.

We began the latest series of Shakespeare & Hathaway - excellent cosy viewing -  but OH would rather watch Star Trek: Discovery and Picard so when we've finished the available episodes we'll hopefully return to S & H. My solo viewing has been catching up on the two Spiderman films starring Andrew Garfield, which I'd missed, in preparation for when the latest Spiderman film hits Disney+.

No comments: