Sunday, January 08, 2017

Favourite Euro Crime Reads of 2016 - Norman

I'm very pleased to welcome Norman back to Euro Crime and we'll hear more from him when I reveal his favourite discovery of 2016. But first, his favourite British/European/translated reads of 2016:
Norman Price's favourite reads of 2016

Here are my top five in no particular order:

The Moth Catcher by Ann Cleeves
Stasi Child by David Young
The Dying Detective by Leif G W Persson tr. Neil Smith
The Caveman by Jorn Lier Horst tr. Anne Bruce
Real Tigers by Mick Herron

These five outstanding books, a mixture of crime and spy fiction, had the basics of all good fiction, great characters, interesting plots and a sense of place.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mick Herron is my favourite guy! Re-reading Down Cemetary Road......New one soon I hear.....

Anonymous said...

Of these five, I read The Moth Catcher and The Caveman, as Norman's recommendation. Liked them both. And I was glad to read Ann Cleeves' book, the first of hers that I'd read, and there was no brutality or gruesomeness, yet a good mystery.