Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Death in Breslau - Cover Opinions

This week's selection for "cover opinions" is the US and UK covers for Marek Krajewski's Death in Breslau, tr. Danusia Stok which has just had its US release by Melville House (the UK's by Quercus was in 2008).

So what are your thoughts on the US (LHS) and UK (RHS) covers? Which (of these striking covers) would entice you to pick the book up if you were not familiar with the books of Marek Krajewski?

If you have read it, how well do the covers match the story?

Read the Euro Crime reviews by me and Norman of Death in Breslau.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen - Oh, I like your cover options series so much! My choice is the UK cover. As you say both are striking but I like the dramatic black and white of the UK cover.

Maxine Clarke said...

I haven't read the book but I prefer the UK (right-hand) cover. I find the US one quite off-putting for some reason.

Little Grey Doll said...

Indeed the UK cover. Haven't read the book but the cover gives a great period and place feel.