Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Reviews: Bolton, George, Hayes, Jungstedt, McKinty, Tyler

Competition for May:
Win a copy of Stagestruck by Peter Lovesey UK & Europe only (closes 4 June)

Do please vote in the International Dagger polls (top right of blog).

Here are this week's reviews:
Michelle Peckham reviews Now You See Me by S J Bolton, a more urban outing than the previous three standalone novels but just as enjoyable it would appear;

Susan White is disappointed with Elizabeth George's This Body of Death, now out in paperback;

Amanda Gillies reviews Sam Hayes's Someone Else's Son also out in paperback and calls it "truly superb";

Maxine Clarke reviews the fifth Inspector Knutas book, set on Gotland, The Dead of Summer by Mari Jungstedt, tr. Tiina Nunnally;

Terry Halligan reviews Adrian McKinty's Falling Glass set in Northern Ireland

and earlier this week on the blog I reviewed L C Tyler's Ten Little Herrings the second outing for mismatched duo Elsie and Ethelred.
Previous reviews can be found in the review archive and forthcoming titles can be found by author or date, here.

4 comments:

Maxine Clarke said...

Nice set of reviews. I did not think so much of that Elizabeth George book, either. S. J. Bolton seems to be going from strength to strength, I must read some more of her books (have only read the first). The Sam Hayes book reviewed here sounds a lot better than the one I read! (I think it was called Tell Tale? Very melodramatic anyway.)

Bernadette said...

I am so behind - still have Bolton's third book awaiting me on the TBR and now there's another...Want to read the Jungstedt too (glad to know I can start here with her series) and the McKinty sounds good as does the Hayes one although I DNF'd another one so not sure about that

Maxine Clarke said...

I only read one McK and though I could see it was good it was not my cup of tea so have not read more. it is very much of a certain genre that I don't read as I can't get "into" it.

kathy d. said...

I appreciate these reviews, and have to look at my huge TBR list and figure out priorities.

I looked at trailers for S.J. Bolton's two most recent books, and I'm already terrified, more of a scaredy cat than Foxy ever could be.

Are these books as frightening as they appear to be? (Not my cup of tea)