Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Dove of Death - Cover Opinions

This week's selection for "cover opinions" is the US and UK covers for Peter Tremayne's The Dove of Death. The US hardback edition came out in October and the UK paperback edition came out last February.

So what are you thoughts on the US (LHS) and UK (RHS) covers? Which would entice you to pick the book up if you were not familiar with Peter Tremayne?

If you have read it, how well does the cover match the story?

Here is Amanda Gillies' Euro Crime review of The Dove of Death.

You can read an extract from Chapter 1 on the US Macmillan website.

2 comments:

Lori Thornton said...

Neither cover particularly draws me in, but I'd give the edge to the U.S. cover.

Dorte H said...

I have not read the book.

Though I like the Celtic cross, I think the American one is far too gaudy. The British cover may be almost too gray, but still that is far better, and that window appeals to my curiosity.