Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Complicit - Cover Opinions

This week's selection for "cover opinions" is the US, UK hardback and UK paperback covers for Nicci French's Complicit also known as The Other Side of the Door in the US. (The UK paperback is out in March 2011.)

So what are you thoughts on the US (LHS) and UK (RHS) covers? Which would entice you to pick the book up if you were not familiar with Nicci French?

If you have read it, how well does the cover match the story? And which title suits it best?

Here is the Euro Crime review by Maxine of Complicit.




5 comments:

Donna said...

I haven't read it, so can't comment on which one fits but the UK red smoke (or whatever it is) one is more likely to make me pick it up than any of the others. The US one seems like it's trying too hard to look like Stieg Larsson. And the other UK one...nah :o)

Anonymous said...

Karen - I love this series of yours! I like the UK paperback cover quite a lot. It just draws me in...

Maxine Clarke said...

I think the US cover (the one with the door in it) is actually relevant to the book, unlike the other two covers. I do like the UK cover, though, it is part of a theme with the covers of their other books, and I like them. But - of zero relevance to the book itself! I don't like the white/red squiggly cover very much.

Dorte H said...

I haven´t read the book either, but I like the grey UK cover.

One of the advantages of your cover theme is that I have realized I don´t like covers with photos of humans much. I hadn´t really thought about that before.

kathy d. said...

I like the UK hardcover. The US one isn't bad, but it's a bit creepy and I think I prefer designs and fonts rather than people.

I don't like the UK paperback with the squiggles that remind one of blood. Ugh! Too gory for my tastes.