Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Assassin's Prayer - Cover & Title opinions

This week's selection for "cover opinions" is the two titles and two covers for Ariana Franklin's latest book to feature 12th century 'doctor', Adelia Aguilar: A Murderous Procession (US) and The Assassin's Prayer (UK).

So what are you thoughts on the US and UK covers and titles? Which would entice you to pick the book up if you were not familiar with Ariana Franklin?

If you have read it, how does the cover/title match the story?

Here is the Euro Crime review, by Norman, of The Assassin's Prayer/A Murderous Procession.


8 comments:

Donna said...

Love these posts Karen! I prefer both the title and cover of the US one. But only marginally. I probably wouldn't pick either of them up.

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

My taste goes for the US cover this time, but I won´t pick any for their title or for their cover.

Bernadette said...

probably the US title and cover but only just, not up to this one in the series yet so don't know which one is more apt.

Anonymous said...

Karen - I really enjoy these cover option posts! I'd say the U.K. cover is my preference, and I think it's because of the type of font used in the title. Odd, isn't it, what draws one to a cover...

kathy d. said...

I love the UK version, the language, the design and specifically, those fonts.

I noticed it before and I would thumb through it in a bookstore.

LauraR said...

I like the UK one, the font, colour and texture go with the period, I think it's a classy look.

Maxine Clarke said...

The UK cover is very "Philippa Gregory" - that design screams "Tudor" to me. So not that far off, only a few Henrys out!
The US cover seems much more modern, more like a 1930s mystery. I don't see the connection between that cover and a book set in the time of Henry II. It isn't a bad cover, just does not seem appropriate for the particular book.

I can't say I'd pick up either, but then I tend not to home in on historical crime.

Lori Thornton said...

For once, I like the U.S. cover best. I'll wait until I've read the first in the series before I decide if I want to read the other. I have it in my TBR pile.