Saturday, April 10, 2010

Trailer - The Poison Tree

Hodder have pointed me to this trailer for Erin Kelly's debut, The Poison Tree which is published in June:
"It is the sweltering summer of 1997, and Karen is a strait-laced, straight-A university student. When she meets the impossibly glamorous Biba, a bohemian orphan who lives in a crumbling old mansion in Highgate with her enigmatic brother Rex, she is soon drawn into their world – but something terrible is about to happen, and someone's going to end up dead.."
The storyline does sound Barbara Vine-like and other comparisons on the blurb include Tana French and Sophie Hannah.

3 comments:

Dorte H said...

Oh, no, not another one!

I am sure I have already spent my April budget several times on the books I have added to my wish list - and this is only the fifth blog I have visited tonight!

Maxine Clarke said...

Sigh! Like Dorte, I am rather tempted by this one...

Dorte H said...

Well, as long as it is more than £ 9 + shipping, I can resist it ;)