Sunday, January 27, 2008

New Reviews on Euro Crime

Here are this week's new reviews and a final reminder of January's competition:

Latest Reviews:

Norman Price, Euro Crime's Italian expert recommends Massimo Carlotto's Death's Dark Abyss - another one of his short books that packs a punch;

Geoff Jones reviews the latest by the prolific author Peter Conway - Deserving Death recommending it to "anyone who likes an uncomplicated detective novel";

Maxine Clarke reviews the first of Martin Edwards' excellent Lake District series - The Coffin Trail calling it "an absorbing read";

Maxine found Hakan Nesser's The Return less compelling than the previous title, Borkmann's Point

and I review the Costa Award winning What Was Lost by Catherine O'Flynn - the word 'haunting' has been accurately used to describe this book and it is one that will linger in the mind well after the final page has been turned. I thoroughly enjoyed it.



Current Competition (closing date 31 January):

Win a copy of Bad Traffic by Simon Lewis (UK & Europe only)


(geographical restrictions are in brackets)

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

I concur with THE COFFIN TRAIL Kare. An excellent read. I keep promising myself more

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

Yes the next two are equally good and I now have a wait whilst Martin writes the next one :-).

Anonymous said...

I can highly recommend Death's Dark Abyss -- I read a review copy last year and was totally absorbed by it. Not exactly 'light' reading but fascinating all the same.