Sunday, January 06, 2008

Euro Crime reviewers' favourite reads of 2007

I've asked all the contributors to Euro Crime to choose their five favourite European reads of 2007 and I've now put that information together (with five from my whittled list of ten) here. I'd like to take the opportunity to thank: Pat Austin, Declan Burke, Karen Chisholm, Maxine Clarke, Crimeficreader, Sunnie Gill, Terry Halligan, Geoff Jones, Yvonne Klein, Carla McKay, Norman Price, Mike Ripley, Laura Root and Fiona Walker for their hard work which allows me to upload five new reviews every week.

Summarising the results, the most mentioned titles are:
3 votes:
Gianrico Carofiglio - Reasonable Doubts
Arnaldur Indridason - The Draining Lake (plus one vote for Voices)
Brian McGilloway - Borderlands

2 votes:
Colin Cotterill - The Coroner's Lunch
Karin Fossum - Calling Out for You (plus one vote for Black Seconds)
Reginald Hill - The Death of Dalziel
Gene Kerrigan - The Midnight Choir
John Lawton - Second Violin
Stuart McBride - Dying Light
Ken McCoy - Hammerhead
Jo Nesbo - The Devil's Star
Jo Nesbo - The Redbreast
Stef Penney - The Tenderness of Wolves
Ian Rankin - Exit Music (plus one vote for The Naming of the Dead)
Matt Rees - The Bethlehem Murders
Fred Vargas - Wash This Blood Clean From My Hand
Jan Costin Wagner - Ice Moon
Carla Banks, Ken Bruen and Andrea Camilleri also received two votes but for different titles.
See the breakdown by reviewer - here.

1 comment:

Maxine Clarke said...

Well done for collating these selections, Karen, it must have been a lot of work. Having bought the 3 or 4 books on your list of 10 that I haven't read yet last weekend, I can see that I have a bit more purchasing to do this! (There are quite a few tempting titles I haven't read yet in these lists).
I loved all three of the winners, but also plenty from the "runner up" list, and lots of others, this year.
Thanks again for putting all this together.